Sunday, December 03, 2006

Body For Life

I started this exercise program called Body for Life www.bodyforlife.com. It consists of doing cardio three times a week for 20 minutes and doing weight training three times a week on days when you don't do cardio. I like it because it's very structured and it tells you exactly what to do (I like being told what to do). The website has demonstrations of the weight training exercises that they recommend.

The program also incorporates healthy eating. It doesn't seem too extreme so I'm being hopeful. You have to eat six meals a day, combine protein and carb for every meal, eat appropriate portions (palm of the hand), drink 10 glasses of water, and don't eat right before or right after exercising.

There are some amazing before and after pics on the website. They also have this contest you can enter where you can win $50,000 for successfully completing the challenge. The challenge is to do this program for three months. It's crazy how some average everyday people took the challenge and after three months, they look like body builders or models.



Today I was trying to decide whether to do upper body weight training (which they recommend you start with) or cardio. I felt like doing cardio cause if I don't sweat like crazy, I don't feel like I really got a work out. I got to the gym and I still couldn't decide so I did both.

I don't usually like to do weights at the gym because the area's infested with men. I felt awkward and self-conscious. Hopefully I'll get the hang of it more as time goes by.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home